BECOME A VOLUNTEER
How can you Help?
You can become a volunteer in many areas of need.
– Assist during regular business hours to help as receptionists, answering the phones, scheduling appointments and greeting clients
-Spend time in prayer daily, weekly or monthly, before the Blessed Sacrament in Our Lady of Guadalupe chapel in our office during regular business hours.
-Meet with and talk to women and their families threatened by abortion, offering assistance and life affirming alternatives.
Friends of the Foundation
– Perform odd jobs that are needed like assembling baby beds, mowing the yard, trimming shrubs, helping with newsletter mail-outs
St. Marguerite House Moms
-Befriend a client, providing encouragement and support both socially and spiritually. Teach clients to cook or help transport them to appointments. We also need overnight assistance.
Baby and Me Boutique Angels
– Assist with the inventory of maternity and baby clothes, supplies, pricing of merchandise, help with maintenance, storage, ect.
-Trained and licensed ultrasound technicians are needed to provide free ultrasounds, which allows the mother to hear her babies’ heartbeat and see the movement of her baby in the womb.
– Develop policy, approve budgets and assist with community relations and fundraising activities.
CLICK HERE to download a VOLUNTEER APPLICATION. Please fill out then mail or drop off at our office.
You can also become a Friend of the Foundation.
Sponsor-A-Life Advocacy Packages
- $2,500 Education Package for A New Mom
EMPOWER A NEW MOM TO BECOME SELF-SUFFICIENT FOR A BIGHTER FUTURE
Acadiana Career College: Dental Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, EKG Technician, Medical Insurance & Coding
- $200 Deliver Package For Baby or Mom
INSPIRE THE LITTLEST FEET TO MAKE THE BIGGEST IMPACT
Baby: Car Seat/Stroller, Diapers, Wipes, Diaper Bag, Bottles, Health Care Kit
Mom: Taxi For hospital, Gown/Robe, Toiletry, Post-partum Essentials, Travel Bag
- $100 Baptism for either Baby or Mom
ENCOURAGE MOTHERS TO BAPTIZE THEIR BABIES IN THE CATHOLIC FAITH
Baby: Christening Gown, Bonnet, Shoes, Rosary, Medal & Book of Prayers
Mom: Outfit, Shoes, Cake, and Priest Fee
- $70 houses a single pregnant mother and provides much more than food, clothing & shelter. It also provides counseling, educational classes, parenting skills, vocational training, health care information, budgeting assistance and more.
- $35 provides formula, diapers, baby wipes and other essentials to keep a St. Marguerite Home baby healthy and happy for one week.
More than 1,200 calls come in to our 24/7 pregnancy center helpline each year: 337-289-9366 (local); 877-8-4-WOMEN (877-849-6636) toll free.
Average length of stay is predicted to be approximately 6 months.
- $5,000 Room Sponsor. You can sponsor a room with a $5,000.00 donation. Your family name will be enshrined with a plaque dedicated in your honor and the room may be interior decorated to your design.
Realizing Post Abortion depression and anxiety is a real hurt in our country, we offer a Post Abortion Healing Program.
We accept donations online, simply click Make a Donate above or click Donate below.
Thank you for sharing your time, talents and treasures to help change hearts and save lives.
CONTACT US by email, phone 337-289-9366 or write:
The DesOrmeaux Foundation,Inc.
1331 Jefferson St.
Lafayette, LA. 70501
We have a huge need for our Maternity Home pantry!
Buy items at Amazon Smile www.smile.amazon.com or bring your gift to our office: 1331 Jefferson Street in Lafayette, between 8:30am - 4:30pm or call for other arrangements: 337.289.9366
Aluminum Foil, Bleach, Body Wash, Case of Water, Coffee, Comet, Diapers (all sizes), Dish Soap, Fabuloso Cleaner, Furniture Polish, Infant Baby Bottles, Kitchen Trash Bags, Kleenex, Laundry Detergent, Lysol Spray, Paper Towels, Printer Ink (HP63:XL black/tricolor), Toilet Bowl Cleaner & Brush, Toilet Paper, Wipes.
Gift Cards at Walmart or Super 1 are always welcomed!
VOLUNTEER & DONATE
The Desormeaux Foundation partners with Amazon Smile
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.