BECOME A VOLUNTEER
You can help by sharing your Time, Talents & Treasures!
– Assist during regular business hours to help as receptionists, answering the phones, scheduling appointments and greeting clients.
-Spend time in prayer daily, weekly or monthly, before the Blessed Sacrament in Our Lady of Guadalupe chapel in our office during regular business hours.
-Meet with and talk to women and their families threatened by abortion, offering assistance and life affirming alternatives.
Office Assist or Small Maintenance Projects
– Perform odd jobs that are needed in office like filing, help with quarterly newsletter mail-outs, stuff baby bottles for fundraising campaigns, or help maintain our campus with jobs like pressure washing, mowing grass, trimming shrubs, weeding or painting.
“House Moms” / St. Marguerite Maternity Home & Mother Teresa Transitional Home
-Befriend a client, providing encouragement and support both socially and spiritually. Teach clients to cook or help transport them to appointments. We also need overnight assistance.
Baby and Me Boutique & MiMi’s Attic Angels
– Assist with the inventory of maternity and baby clothes, supplies, pricing of merchandise, help with maintenance, storage, ect or assist with furniture, housewares & home decor inventory.
-Trained and licensed ultrasound technicians are needed to provide free ultrasounds, which allows the mother to hear her babies’ heartbeat and see the movement of her baby in the womb.
– Develop policy, approve budgets and assist with community relations and fundraising activities.
CLICK HERE to download a VOLUNTEER APPLICATION. Please fill out and mail or drop off at our office when you visit for a Campus Tour to get an overview of the ministries under the umbrella of The DesOrmeaux Foundation: The Women’s Center, St. Marguerite d’Youville Maternity Home, Mother Teresa Transitional Home, Baby & Me Boutique and MiMi’s Attic.
CLICK HERE to view VOLUNTEER TASK LIST. Match your talents with a need.
Email: [email protected] / Lisa Viator, Volunteer Director / Call 337.289.9366
Become a Friend of the Foundation.
Sponsor-A-Life Advocacy Packages
- $2,500 Education Package for A New Mom
EMPOWER A NEW MOM TO BECOME SELF-SUFFICIENT FOR A BIGHTER FUTURE
Acadiana Career College: Dental Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, EKG Technician, Medical Insurance & Coding
- $200 Deliver Package For Baby or Mom
INSPIRE THE LITTLEST FEET TO MAKE THE BIGGEST IMPACT
Baby: Car Seat/Stroller, Diapers, Wipes, Diaper Bag, Bottles, Health Care Kit
Mom: Taxi For hospital, Gown/Robe, Toiletry, Post-partum Essentials, Travel Bag
- $100 Baptism for either Baby or Mom
ENCOURAGE MOTHERS TO BAPTIZE THEIR BABIES IN THE CATHOLIC FAITH
Baby: Christening Gown, Bonnet, Shoes, Rosary, Medal & Book of Prayers
Mom: Outfit, Shoes, Cake, and Priest Fee
- $70 houses a single pregnant mother and provides much more than food, clothing & shelter. It also provides counseling, educational classes, parenting skills, vocational training, health care information, budgeting assistance and more.
- $35 provides formula, diapers, baby wipes and other essentials to keep a St. Marguerite Home baby healthy and happy for one week.
More than 1,200 calls come in to our 24/7 pregnancy center helpline each year: 337-289-9366 (local); 877-8-4-WOMEN (877-849-6636) toll free.
Average length of stay is predicted to be approximately 6 months.
- $5,000 Room Sponsor. You can sponsor a room with a $5,000.00 donation. Your family name will be enshrined with a plaque dedicated in your honor and the room may be interior decorated to your design.
Realizing Post Abortion depression and anxiety is a real hurt in our country, we offer a Post Abortion Healing Program.
We accept donations online, simply click Make a Donate above or click Donate below.
Thank you for sharing your time, talents and treasures to help change hearts and save lives.
The DesOrmeaux Foundation, Inc / 1331 Jefferson Street, Lafayette, LA 70501
We have a huge need for our Maternity Home pantry!
Here's the LINK to Shop from our Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/38TUNFKEAEQF5?ref_=wl_share
Wish List: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Diapers (all sizes, especially size 3, 4, 5 & 6), Wipes, Laundry Detergent, Lysol Spray & Disinfectant Wipes, Furniture Polish, 13 Gallon Trash Bags, 2 Gallon, Gallon & Quart Freezer Zip Lock Bags, Dishwasher Pods or Liquid, Body Wash, Deodorant, Windex, Pine Sol Lemon, Toilet Bowl Cleaner & Brush, Bottled Water, Community Coffee, Copy Paper, Towels, Wash Clothes, plus Grocery or Office Supply Gift Cards are always welcomed!
Buy items at Amazon Smile www.smile.amazon.com and choose The DesOrmeaux Foundation as your Charity and we receive a percentage of the sale (See Partnership info below). Have items shipped or bring your gifts to our office: 1331 Jefferson Street in Lafayette, M-TH between 8:30am - 4:30pm. For questions call: 337.289.9366
VOLUNTEER & DONATE
The Desormeaux Foundation partners with Amazon Smile
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.